Healthy Muffin Recipe
This is a healthy muffin recipe that you just cannot top. I have given this to many of my clients as a fail safe tasty snack to have without feeling guilty for enjoying. With so many different variations this low fat, low sugar, low GI, good carb recipe will never get boring and even the kids will like it!
I’ve taken some time to perfect this recipe by trial and error and experimentation but I think I have finally got the best result, and it doesn’t get any better than this.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- You choice of flavourings
- 1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 Celsius.
- 2. Mix the eggs, apple sauce and vanilla
- 3. Mix in the remaining ingredients
- 4. Share the mixture between 12 muffins
- 5. Bake for about 20 mins or until just starting to brown on top
- 6. Turn them around at ten minutes
Here are some of my recommendations to include your healthy muffin recipe for flavouring. I usually choose two and mix it up each time so I’m almost always having a different flavour every time I cook them;
Fruit – apple, orange, banana, apricot, peach, plumb, pineapple, mango, cherry, rock melon, carrot, (any you can think of) Berries – blueberry, strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, boysenberry, (fresh or frozen) Nuts – walnuts, almonds, poppy seeds, pine nuts, coconut, cashew macadamia (beware of the fat content of nuts. If you want to keep the calorie count down use essence instead)
Other – instant coffee, sultanas, dates prunes, extra cinnamon, chocolate (try to choose the healthy ones!)
So how good is this healthy muffin recipe? This is the nutritional information from the base recipe. I have not taken into account the extra flavours you will out in them so be careful. For example ½ cup of chopped walnuts will add an extra 32 calories per muffin, where as half a cup of stewed apple will only add 3 calories per muffin.
|Serving Size 57.5g||Amount Per Serving|
So why is this healthy muffin recipe so good for us?
- I have taken out the high GI, processed, system clogging, white flour that wreaks havoc on our blood sugar and insulin levels that make it harder for our bodies to burn fat and have replaced it with low GI plain 100% wholegrain rolled oats. Or as I like to call them, The Super Food! So now your hunger is satisfied for a lot longer without taking in extra calories and the fat burning process isn’t impeded.
- I replaced the calorie dense nutrition poor, artery clogging, fatty butter with yummy, healthy, nutritious, 100% apple sauce so it binds, stays moist and also makes this recipe low fat. It also helps if you use cup-cake liner instead of greasing or oiling the muffin tins.
- And something you have probably noticed in this healthy muffin recipe is it is low sugar because there is none! Why not you ask? Because you don’t need it in the first place! There is plenty of flavour in the ingredients we have already added. You don’t need the extremely high GI, mood swinging, tooth decaying, evil sugar
So get in the kitchen and use the healthy muffin recipe. The kids will love them, you can now have guilt free snacks and best of all, the only washing up is one spoon, one bowl and a muffin tin! How good is that!
Work harder, Work smarter
Weight Loss Shakes, Meal Replacements & Protien Powders